Chief Executive Officer – Copernicus Lodge
Copernicus Lodge is a not-for-profit, charitable organization made possible through the efforts of the Polish Canadian community and Fr. Michael Smith, OMI. Nestled in the heart of Roncesvalles Village, just west of downtown Toronto, this ethno-specific seniors’ care provider will be celebrating 45 years of caring and services to the residents of the community in 2024. Copernicus Lodge provides a full spectrum of care and services to seniors with a 228-bed long-term care home, 200 independent self-care seniors apartments with a Supportive Housing and Assisted Living Program, and an Adult Day
Chief Executive Officer
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is a strong, proven, and highly regarded strategic and operational leader with a track record of transformative leadership, innovation, and vision. The CEO has extensive experience in a senior leadership role and a depth of knowledge and expertise in the Long-Term Care sector, and Community Support Services. The CEO is responsible for the overall vision, leadership, clinical and operational management of Copernicus Lodge and Copernicus Lodge Foundation, is accountable to the Board of Directors, and is committed to upholding and demonstrating the vision, mission, and values of our organization.
Key Role Responsibilities
The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the overall leadership, management, and operation of Copernicus Lodge, and is accountable to the Board of Directors of the Lodge. Direct Reports include: Director of Finance, Director of Human Resources, Director of Care, Director of Communications and Heritage, Director of Foundation and Development, Manager of Environmental Services, Manager of Food Services, Manager of Programs and Services, Manager of Community Services.
- Completion of a recognized Health Administration and/or equivalent Business Degree Program. Long-Term Care Administrator Certification, or a commitment to work towards the certification, from an approved program will be a requirement.
- 10 years of working experience in senior management in the health sector, CEO experience would be an asset.
- Strong understanding and experience with legislation and regulations governing the operation of Long-Term Care Facilities and Housing; in-depth knowledge and expertise in long-term care, assisted living, and adult day programs.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills.
- Experience working with a Board in the strategic planning process.
- Experience working with a Foundation within fundraising activities and creating fundraising programs.
- Experience leading an organization through capital redevelopment would be an asset.
- Strong inspirational leadership; leads by example; an influencer and consensus builder with strong political acuity.
- Understanding of the complexities of community relationships within an ethnocentric home.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of organizational and management skills.
- Ability to assess, structure, and build high-performing teams that are optimized for success.
- Effective at promoting accountability and delegation of authority.
- Deep business acumen.
- Ability to build trusting and cohesive relationships with the board, leadership team, staff, Foundation, community partners, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Exceptional communicator - clarifies vision by communicating established roadmaps with timelines and expectations that various stakeholders can understand.
- Strong problem solver; effectively devises innovative solutions/resolutions.
- Appreciate and respect the mission and values of the Catholic and Polish communities.
To express your interest in this dynamic leadership opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence.
For a conversation in confidence, please contact Natalie Wooods, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copernicus Lodge and Mirams Becker are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace; we welcome applications from , but not limited to, women, racially visible individuals, people with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities with equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and we are fully compliant with applicable provincial Disabilities Acts