Shannex is a provider of home care, retirement living, assisted living, memory care, and long-term care services. It all began in 1988 when our founder, Joseph Shannon, purchased a nursing home in his hometown of Sydney, Nova Scotia. His vision forged a path to set a new standard in accommodations, services, and support for seniors. Residents and their families have inspired our continued growth for over three decades. What started as a single location in Cape Breton has grown to include operations across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario.
At Shannex, we understand that people value choice and independence; this is the foundation of our Philosophy of Service and our commitment to residents and families.
Our team members provide services and care to seniors across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Ontario. We recognize that needs can change over time. It is why we have designed a continuum of service that provides peace of mind, knowing that when you need us, we will be there.
Home Care - Providing one-on-one assistance to residents in the comfort of their homes, Shannex’s Care at Home division supports seniors to maintain independence while developing personal connections with their care providers. Our team is there to help, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Retirement Living - Through our Retirement Living division brands, Parkland and Faubourg du Mascaret, Shannex provides a full continuum of accommodation, service, and care to seniors with lifestyle options that offer peace of mind and the flexibility to add services and care as needed.
Nursing Homes - Operating under the name Shannex Enhanced Care, our licensed long-term care division provides accommodation, care, and support to help residents live their best lives. We are always thinking about the well-being of our residents by being empathic, respecting their privacy, and taking action to meet their needs.
Director, Clinical Practice
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director, Clinical Practice is responsible for driving strategic direction and providing leadership to the organization and its clinical teams with a focus on creative and quality care settings, risk management, and practice improvement.
The Director of Clinical Practice leads a team of clinical practice leaders and clinical educators in the development and maintenance of systems and processes to empower our clinical teams, enhance clinical practice and outcomes, and reduce risk. The Director of Clinical Practice leverages technology at the point of care and corporately to improve the quality and consistency of clinical outcomes. The Director will drive the organization forward in establishing and advancing standards in new areas of service delivery.
The Director of Clinical Practice provides leadership and oversight for clinical regulatory compliance across all operating environments and proactively identifies and directs quality improvement initiatives that advance clinical outcomes. The Director of Clinical Practice maintains strong networks with key trusted partners, including, but not limited to, physicians, pharmacists, nurse practitioners, regulatory authorities, and academic institutions in each of our operating jurisdictions.
The ideal candidate will be innovative and entrepreneurially minded; while remaining focused on the basics of strong clinical practice and quality improvement. The candidate will hold a Bachelors of Nursing/ Bachelors of Science in Nursing, and current registration or eligible to be registered with appropriate nursing regulatory body. A Master’s Degree in Nursing or Health Administration would be considered an asset. Candidates will have 10 years of progressive clinical experience in health care, and 5 years in a leadership role.
Technical Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in an environment that crosses both the publicly funded long-term care sector and private retirement living
- Demonstrated ability to establish and deliver the best practice clinical standards of care across a broad array of clinical disciplines, as well as a commitment to client/family-focused care.
- Proven ability to lead a team of professionals, build relationships and achieve results in a matrixed environment, where influencing and negotiating skills will be critical
- Continuous quality improvement orientation, with the ability to inspire employees at all levels to continually evaluate and look for new and innovative ways of doing things
- Demonstrated management style that is visionary, creative, collaborative and supportive of the vision, goals and mission and values of the organization
- Ability to interface with executive leadership, partners and stakeholders, establish credibility and build effective relationships;
- Skilled in verbal and written communication skills including facilitation and presentation skills;
- Demonstrate strong problem solving, leadership, negotiation and communication skills;
- Flexibility to move from strategic to tactical thinking and implement appropriate actions;
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish rapport;
- Demonstrated ability to change priorities and meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation;
- Ability to analyze statistical data and generate reports;
- Proven ability to work effectively within a unionized environment;
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and attention to detail when completing
To learn more about this dynamic leadership opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume, in confidence. Alternatively, you can reach out to Natalie Woods, Principal, for a confidential conversation at email@example.com.
Shannex and Mirams Becker are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace; we welcome applications from, but not limited to, women, racially visible individuals, people with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and 2SLGBTQ+ persons. We are committed to providing persons with disabilities with equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and we are fully compliant with applicable provincial Disabilities Acts.