Everyone deserves a space where they can thrive. An environment that is safe, loving and allows them to develop to the best of their abilities. The Safehaven Project for Community Living (Safehaven) goes the extra mile to deliver respite and residential care that not only exceeds medical standards, but is non-institutional and fun. With extensive recreational programming, highly trained staff and modern home-like facilities, we deliver everything an individual needs to live a bright and rewarding life. With five locations across the GTA, Safehaven serves almost 200 families every year. Residential and respite care programs provide round-the-clock care, 365 days a year, for a wide-range of individuals including those living with cerebral palsy, genetic and seizure disorders, vision loss, and hearing impairment.
Safehaven is constantly striving to better serve the families that need their help most. That’s why they are currently exploring opportunities to expand service offerings to adult aged individuals, developing programs and services to care for more medically complex individuals, and implementing innovative therapy and recreational programs for our existing and future clients. Safehaven is always working with community partners to ensure past, present and future clients have all the supports they need to live happy and fulfilling lives.
Director, Strategy & System Innovation
The Director, Strategy & System Innovation role is a key leadership role, providing a culture of innovation and excellence for all programs and initiatives of Safehaven. This role is accountable for supporting the development of current and new programs and strategic initiatives that carries out Safehaven’s mission and vision.
As a senior member of Safehaven’s Leadership team, this position is responsible for helping to establish the organization’s policy framework and implementation, planning and operational development, contributing to idea generation, strategic thinking, and organizational networking. The Director, Strategy & System Innovation works in partnership with an interdisciplinary team typically consisting of the CEO, the Safehaven Board of Directors, Director, Programs and Professional Practice, Finance, Policy and Development Lead, consultants, project managers and/or other professional staff to implement and sustain the culture of innovation and excellence for all programs and initiatives of Safehaven.
- Aligns the annual operational plan with the Vision, Mission and Values of the organization;
- Provides strategic leadership to all staff through the development of goals and KPI’s for the organization;
- Participates as a senior member on the Leadership team;
- Lead the planning, budgeting, development and implementation of new strategies;
- Explores opportunities for innovation and business development that is aligned to Safehaven’s vision and strategic directions;
- Establish an environment that promotes innovation in technology, facilitates exploration and innovative thinking that may lead to advancements;
- Mentor and coach employee in innovative strategies;
- Monitors and recognizes current outcomes and builds/adapts new strategies with the goal of enhancing care and services;
- Participates in developing and designing internal policies, procedures, and information systems to meet the reporting requirements and standards of Safehaven’s Board and the Ministries;
- Analyses and monitors system outcomes and use the data as a planning tool to assist the organization in meeting the needs of our clients, the community and the government;
- Provides support and advice to CEO in terms of strategic oversight of planning, implementation and monitoring of on-going projects;
- Ensures that the Safehaven Strategic Plan is actively managed including all alignment/connection checkpoints with the CEO, the Board of Directors, the Strategic Planning Committee, and any External Partner Organizations;
- Ongoing reporting and communications on aspects related to strategic planning and operational plans;
- Manages the Strategic Planning Process to ensure key functions are incorporated (Key Partnership with Board, Operations, Finance, Governance, HR)
- Identifies new and innovative strategies that support Safehaven Strategic Directions;
- Serves as an internal consultant in the area of expertise and shares knowledge with staff;
- Continues to seek out new and improved methods and systems for accomplishing the work of Safehaven;
- Identifies, defines and establishes a monitoring system for measuring good governance characteristics;
- Oversees and advises on governance issues, with regards to Safehaven’s Board of Directors.
- Must have a Master’s degree in Health Administration, or Master’s in Business Administration;
- Experience in Acute, Rehab, or Community-based setting,
- Five (5) plus years management experience in a health care setting that services individuals with complex medical needs an asset,
- Demonstrated ability to innovate and implement quality programs,
- Long range vision of planning experience with the ability to accomplish short term goals,
- Good teamwork, problem solving and written/verbal communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a respectful and collegial approach to decision-making and the ability to lead, collaborate with and mentor all members of the department, as appropriate.