peopleCare has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the eighth year in a row. We are a growing family owned, mission driven, values-based organization that provides outstanding care and exceptional experiences in long-term care and retirement living. Our staff are engaged, enthusiastic and strive to exceed expectations. We encourage out-of-the box thinking and ideas and are always looking for talented people who embrace change with a positive attitude. Offering great wellness and recognition programs is important to us.
We are also accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest award possible through Accreditation Canada’s Qmentum program. This distinction is thanks to the efforts of our outstanding team of skilled and dedicated individuals working collaboratively with our partners to drive excellence in operations, care, and services. Noted as a great place to work, other strengths include our investment in leadership development and staff education, high level of engagement in our communities, and building meaningful and mutually beneficial partnerships to address staffing shortages and drive positive systemic change.
These are exciting times at peopleCare, as we are growing fast as we continue to expand our horizons and seek new opportunities to raise the bar in Changing the World of Senior Living. That’s where your talents and ideas come in! If you enjoy challenges and working with people – and want to create meaningful experiences for our residents, families, staff, and partners – then apply to the great opportunity below.
peopleCare is currently seeking an Executive Director for our Hilltop Manor facility located in Cambridge, Ontario. Reporting to the Vice President, Long Term Care, the Executive Director will ensure the provision of high-quality care for the residents while maintaining budgetary considerations and legislative requirements. The Executive Director will operationalize the strategic objectives of peopleCare’s culture and company policies.
Leadership, Strategy & Planning:
- Creates and executes strategic plan for the long-term care home focused on family and resident experience, occupancy, brand and reputation, risk mitigation, and financial performance. With a particular focus on relationships, and partnerships.
Operational Excellence/Resident Care:
- Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of records including resident health records, personnel records etc. are adhered to within the home.
- Directs the implementation and review of relevant company policies, procedures and processes required to meet government legislation and industry standards.
- Implements goals and objectives to achieve the corporate vision for resident care and services and ensure the clinical teams are providing exceptional care.
- Monitors the quality of nursing and wellness services using quality indicators from a variety of sources, the tools provided for in the quality assurance program.
- The ability to analyze and interpret information contained in business related documents, write reports and business correspondence and effectively relay/present information accordingly.
- Experience in risk management activities and demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement processes.
- Solid understanding of business planning processes and business metrics.
- Accountable for financial fiscal responsibility through diligent management of budget within identified parameters.
Compliance & Legislative Requirements:
Act as a liaison and consult with Ministry Officials and professionals in relation to the operation of the Home.
Ensures all residents receive care and services according to their needs and according to the Long-Term Care Act and all Ministry of Health legislative requirements.
Culture & Engagement:
Ability to work in an environment focused on accountability for results and, ability to develop and execute innovative solutions in order to drive results within a high functioning, and extremely dynamic team environment.
Leadership & Talent Management:
Demonstrated ability to lead, engage and manage a sizeable multidisciplinary team, in a unionized environment.
Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and leadership development.
Ensures appropriate and adequate staffing plans (and contingency plans) for the home across all departments through hiring, retention, training and assigning of department employees.
Ensures risk management process is adhered to by reviewing staff and resident incident reports, reviews monthly indicators, follows up on actions required from compliance inspections/ reviews from government agencies
Knowledge, Skill & Experience:
The ideal candidate for the Executive Director will have a combination of the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum 5 years progressive senior leadership experience in a healthcare setting (public or private)
- Demonstrated senior leadership abilities, with management style that is visionary, creative, collaborative, and supportive of the vision, goals, and mission and values of peopleCare Communities
- The ability to collaborate and build meaningful relationships with peers and staff
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of current trends and legislation in long term care and community services, as well as the health care environment pertaining to clinical and professional issues
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to foster partnerships and effective relationships, both internally and externally, with health care leaders, medical practitioners, community partners, academic partners and other program or service providers
- Demonstrated commitment to professional and staff development and quality care
- Project management skills and ability to balance numerous complex issues in a very demanding environment, coupled with strong organizational, time management and customer service skills
- Post secondary degree in health or social services
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check (with vulnerable sector screen) result
If this describes you, please submit your cover letter and resume. For a confidential conversation call Hayley Becker at 647-267-8170.
peopleCare Communities and Mirams Becker are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace; we welcome applications from women, racially visible individuals, people with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
peopleCare Communities is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier- free recruitment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. If contacted for this employment opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodation.