Regional Director, Long-Term Care Operations, Manitoba – Extendicare
Regional Director, Long-Term Care Operations, Manitoba
Reporting to the Vice President, Long-Term Care Operations, this role will provide operational leadership for Long-Term Care (LTC) Homes in Manitoba. Extendicare is seeking an exceptional clinical leader from across the broader healthcare continuum with a passion for delivering high quality care and resident experience. They will coach and mentor a new team, while leading cultural transformation and change.
The Regional Director, LTC Operations will be a key member of the Resident Care Leadership Team helping to lead the operations in the Resident Care Division and contribute to implementing Extendicare’s vision or the future of seniors’ care in Canada. Working in partnership with peer Regional Directors, LTC Operations; and Directors from head office, the Regional Director is accountable for driving operational excellence in the areas of clinical care and support services; management of operating and capital budgets; fostering a culture of service excellence; and leading and developing teams to deliver optimal services to the communities we serve.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Long-Term Care strategic plan and manage the operations of LTC homes in designated region
- Manage the operating capital budgets for the assigned region, review operational performance and ensure quality targets are met in the assigned region
- Leverage data and analytics resources to develop new insights into the business and drive improvement initiatives
- Support home leadership teams to review and address operational and quality issues with residents, families, and other key stakeholders
People Leadership and Team Development
- Offer consistent and meaningful leadership to the LTC home leaders in the assigned region, with clear performance expectations and targets, establishing and ensuring accountability, providing regular coaching and feedback and opportunities for career development and progression
- Identify skills and/or knowledge gaps within team, including succession planning for key roles
- Implement engagement and retention strategies that will empower team members to deliver their best work
- Model critical thinking skills, problem-solving behaviours, advocacy and a “can do” mentality to achieve a high-performance team environment
Clinical Care, Service and Resident/Family Experience
- In collaboration with Operational Quality and Corporate Quality and Risk, participate in resident safety incident reviews and Quality of Care reviews, including identification of contributing factors and implementation of improvement initiatives that address systems and process gaps
- Ensure homes comply with Extendicare and government policies and regulatory standards
- In partnership with Corporate Quality and Risk along with Operational Quality and Resident Experience, oversee the proactive identification of enterprise risks and support the implementation of mitigation plans in alignment the organization’s enterprise risk framework
- Through participation in the organization’s resident and family satisfaction program, ensure unrelenting focus on continuous improvements in resident and family experience resulting in a consistent experience across homes in Manitoba
- Focus, motivate and inspire the workforce to create and maintain a great consistent resident and family experience
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree in Business Administration or Healthcare Administration preferred
- Minimum 7 years progressive leadership experience in the healthcare sector
- Registered Nurse (RN) or other clinical profession preferred
- Experience in unionized environment preferred
- Expertise in clinical operations in LTC, acute care or community care preferred
- Knowledge of health care quality and risk management practices with a demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement
- Proven analytical mindset and ability to use metrics/dashboards to guide and monitor progress
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment and ability to recognize and respond to changing industry trends and priorities
- Collaborative style with ability to work with all levels of an organization and across divisions
- Humility and self-awareness
- Exercises Sound Judgment: Applies judgment and makes sound decisions based on broad general management experience
- Drives Performance: Drives performance beyond minimum standards to ensure quality of customer experience
- Develops Teams: Develops strong teams through talent identification, coaching and providing development opportunities
- Communicates Effectively: Communicates effectively and frequently with team members to improve engagement
- Aligns Goals: Aligns goals and initiatives to organizational strategy
- Drives Continuous Improvement: Identifies opportunities to improve processes and takes on new initiatives and challenges
- Leverages Data: Leverages data and metrics to make objective, informed business decisions
- Collaborates: Collaborates and builds cross-functional relationships
To express interest in this exciting opportunity, please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence.
For additional information, please contact Natalie Woods, Principal, at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hayley Becker, Partner, at email@example.com.
Extendicare and Mirams Becker are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace; we welcome applications from women, racially visible individuals, people with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and LGBTQ2S+ persons. Extendicare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bonafide requirements for the open position. If contacted for this employment opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodation.