Safehaven - The Safehaven Project for Community Living
Everyone deserves a space where they can thrive. An environment that is safe, loving and allows them to develop to the best of their abilities. The Safehaven Project for Community Living (Safehaven) goes the extra mile to deliver respite and residential care that not only exceeds medical standards, but is non-institutional and fun. With extensive recreational programming, highly trained staff and modern home-like facilities, we deliver everything an individual needs to live a bright and rewarding life. With five locations across the GTA, Safehaven serves almost 200 families every year. Residential and respite care programs provide round-the-clock care, 365 days a year, for a wide-range of individuals including those living with cerebral palsy, genetic and seizure disorders, vision loss, and hearing impairment.
Safehaven is constantly striving to better serve the families that need their help most. That’s why they are currently exploring opportunities to expand service offerings to adult aged individuals, developing programs and services to care for more medically complex individuals, and implementing innovative therapy and recreational programs for our existing and future clients. Safehaven is always working with community partners to ensure past, present and future clients have all the supports they need to live happy and fulfilling lives.
The VP, Client Care and Operations (VP) reports to the CEO and is responsible for leading all operations at Safehaven, including Client Care. The VP, Client Care and Operations will work closely with the leadership team to provide critically important oversight of operational and strategic leadership, including Human Resources, Finance, Communications, Client Care, and Facilities Management. The VP will be an integral leader in championing Safehaven’s mission, vision, and values of promoting and encouraging an inclusive culture of child, youth, and family-centred care.
The VP will be accountable for the day-to-day operations of Safehaven, ensuring organizational operational success. The VP will ensure that the prevision of current services follows legislative requirements, and are consistent with the Safehaven’s vision, mission, values, goals/priorities, and accreditation standards.
- Accountable for the operational success of Safehaven through the direct oversight and leadership of Client Care, Communications, Facilities, Human Resources, and Finance.
- Establishes, implements, and communicates the strategic direction of Safehaven’s operations divisions.
- Actively participates, as a key member of the senior leadership team, in the strategic planning efforts to establish and manage operational goals and objectives for each Safehaven location, and operational division.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and adherence to operational goals and objectives for Safehaven’s operational divisions.
- Collaborates with Safehaven’s operational divisions to establish priorities and plans for implementation. Monitors progress and holds leadership accountable for accomplishment of the goals in the agreed timeframes;
- Develops, implements, and manages operational and capital budgets;
- Facilitates and promotes the educational mission of Safehaven’s “We Belong” program, ensuring integration of education, research, quality improvement, and innovation into the public;
- Has a deep understanding of the Developmental Sector Community and applies their knowledge to ensure quality client care and operational success at Safehaven.
- Exhibits a passion for the mission, vision, and mandate of Safehaven and approaches family-centred care accountability with creativity;
- Exhibits strong communication skills and the ability to facilitate and engage diverse groups in decision making;
- Builds respectful relationships across all Safehaven locations, clients, team members, within the Developmental Sector Community, and the public to promote inclusivity;
- Coaches the leadership team to demonstrate the behaviours required to develop and implement sustainable best practice processes;
- Develops organizational capability to support growth through effective employee development and succession planning;
- Provides necessary information and reporting required by the board;
- Understands the complexity of operational leadership in a professional practice environment;
- Other responsibilities as assigned;
- Own all aspects of Safehaven’s client care to ensure the highest Quality of Care and Safety, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Overseeing the operations at each Safehaven facility, ensuring policy and licensing compliance, quality, and safety.
- Being accountable for ensuring compliance with contractual, accreditation, QAM, Children’s Licensing and regulatory requirements for each facility.
- Monitoring and evaluating key care coordination processes and practices to ensure achievement of the organization’s mission and goals and improve health outcomes of members.
- Defines and oversees consistent care delivery models across all Safehaven locations and ensures that the models align with Safehaven’s standard of care.
- Mentoring, guiding and developing skills of front-line staff in a consistent and effective manner.
The VP, Client Care and Operations will possess a post-graduate degree in healthcare or related field, and a minimum of 10 years of experience working in the healthcare or community care setting, with 5 years of operational and leadership responsibility. The VP will be an effective communicator, with the ability to motivate others while achieving revenue and cost improvement goals. They will innovate and implement quality programs within a culture of collaboration and communication. The VP will bring long-range vision and planning experience, combined with the ability to accomplish short-range goals. With their strong interpersonal skills, they will bring a respectful and collegial approach to decision-making and the ability to lead, collaborate with and mentor all members of the department. An ability to effectively delegate, weigh alternatives, and set and explain priorities. Along with experience working with or reporting to a board.
If you are interested in this incredible opportunity to lead a passionate team in an organization going through growth and transforming, please submit your cover letter and resume. For additional information contact Penny Mirams at 647-395-0176 or Hayley Becker at 647-267-8170.
Safehaven and Mirams Becker are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace; we welcome applications from women, racially visible individuals, people with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and LGBTQ+ persons.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities with equal opportunities and standards of goods and services, and we are fully compliant with applicable provincial Disabilities Acts.