In this highly strategic role reporting to the Executive Vice President, Clinical Operations & COO, the Vice President, Community Medicine and Population Health will be responsible for providing leadership and oversight for delivery of clinical services within the Community Medicine and Population Health portfolio. The VP will advance the vision and planning for population health, seniors’ strategy, ambulatory, complex and palliative care, and contribute to system wide transformative change of the health care system. The VP provides linkage between HHS overall strategic priorities and portfolio priorities, including overall oversight for transitions for patients across the continuum with a focus on pre-hospital and post acute care. The VP will have executive operational oversight over sites and programs within the portfolio in close relationship with program/service directors and physician leads. They will engage with external counterparts to establish strong linkages and integrated service model collaborations/ partnerships that contribute to improved patient care and access. The VP is a member of the senior executive team; with reach and influence across the HNHBB region, Ontario West and provincially.
- Executive site Lead for St. Peter’s Hospital, Urgent Care Center, West Lincoln Memorial Hospital , and the Satellite Health Facility;
- Develop and advance the vision for population health and support related system wide transformative change of the health care system;
- Develop and advance pre and post acute patient flow strategies across HHS sites to support timely access and optimize patient care and outcomes;
- Advance corporate planning for or Ambulatory Care services in collaboration with stakeholders and partners;
- Establish and advance the vision for the Seniors’ care across HHS;
- Advance the vision and strategy for Palliative Care across sites and in collaboration with hospital and community partners;
- Accountable for engagement and support of external stakeholders to establish strong linkages and integrated service model collaborations/ partnerships.
The ideal candidate for the Vice President, Community Medicine and Population Health will have the ideal combination of the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Clinical background required (e.g., nursing, allied health ) minimum of 15 years of progressive experience in senior management roles in a large academic teaching hospital environment, including significant operational management experience over services within a complex, matrixed healthcare organization;
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Health Service Administration, Business Administration, or health-related area of graduate study is required;
- Fellow (FCCHL) or Certified Health Executive (CHE) of the Canadian College of Health Leaders is preferred;
- Extensive experience facilitating and managing challenging situations and demonstration of outstanding interpersonal skills and background/experience in facilitating high-level multidisciplinary group decisions;
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary model and serve multiple constituents while balancing and reconciling multiple priorities;
- Ability to analyze financial implications of new business opportunities and new programs to ensure economic feasibility and operational excellence are understood in the context of clinical decisions;
- Track record of success in establishing positive and effective relationships with physicians, senior management and staff to develop and implement programs, processes, etc;
- Understanding of how to achieve results in an academic environment;
- Possess integrity and maintains high ethical standards;
- Excellent communicator;
- Quality conscious, proactively striving to implement continuous improvement initiatives and committed to personal development;
- Demonstrated , ability to build, lead, motivate and develop a diverse team; and
- A decisive leader with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and the ability to develop and maintain positive, effective working relationships both internally and externally.
To express your interest in this exciting leadership opportunity please submit your cover letter and resume. For additional information contact Hayley Becker at (647)-267-8170.
Hamilton Health Sciences and Mirams Becker are committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace; we welcome applications from women, racially visible individuals, people with disabilities, Indigenous peoples, and LGBTQ+ persons.
Hamilton Health Sciences Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. If contacted for this employment opportunity, please advise if you require any accommodation.