Diversity & Inclusion
Diversity & Inclusion
Recognizing how important diversity, inclusion and employment equity are to our clients, we take these principals very seriously and have taken concrete steps to incorporate them in our process to better serve clients and candidates. It is, of course, important for all organizations to have a rich and diverse workforce and a recruitment process that is inclusive. No where is that more important than in health care. As organizations strive to deliver patient-centered models of care, it is critical that these models reflect the diverse perspectives of the patients and the communities that they serve. It stands to reason that organizational leaders must bring these diverse perspectives.
You can count on Mirams Becker to ensure that diversity and inclusion is built into every stage of the search process.
To ensure a pool of candidates that reflects rich Diversity, we will:
- connect with the vast network of relationships we have built across urban and remote communities, various professional organizations, and business groups that are reflective of cultural and ethnic groups within Canada;
- identify and utilize media outlets – online and print – that are targeted to different groups representative of the diversity of the Canadian community;
- search our database of executives to identify those that have self-identified as racialized, indigenous, disabled persons, women, or who belong to other identifiable groups;
- leverage the insight we have gained through previous searches where the successful candidate was required to be a member of a diverse group, or the organization emphasized inclusion in its mandate.
To build in Inclusion, we will:
- lead conversations with search committees about the terminology used in advertisements and in the candidate brief and create material that is neutral, with respect to differences of culture, gender and ability;
- ensure that the opportunity and the process is accessible to everyone, regardless of their diversity, abiding by accessibility requirements (e.g., AODA policies) as it relates to compliant facilities and accommodations for clients and candidates;
- assess leadership skills in a culture-free and non-biased manner (e.g., through evaluation matrices, based on the competencies set out for the role);
- both Penny and Hayley have participated in unconscious bias training and have had experience facilitating discussions on unconscious bias with search committees.
Penny and Hayley look forward to working with you. Please feel free to reach out to us directly, or fill out the form on our contact page.